USBA Pro Plenum Series
The Extron USBA Pro Plenum Series of USB‑A male to female cables provide extension of USB 3.2 signals and power over distances up to 65 feet. The cables support a SuperSpeed USB data rate of 5 Gbps and deliver 5 V and up to 900 mA of power to the USB peripheral device. The ultra-thin 0.24” (6 mm) diameter and narrow bend radius allows for installation in tight spaces, including plenum air spaces. These optical-copper extension cables are powered by the host computer, and an LED provides visual notification of host power status. The USBA Pro Plenum Series cables are available in popular lengths from 15 feet up to 65 feet (4.5 meters to 19.8 meters).
- Provides USB-A signal extension between the host and a peripheral device — Extension cable features a male USB-A plug for host and a female USB-A connector for peripheral device connectivity.
- Supports a SuperSpeed USB data rate of 5 Gbps — USB 3.2 compliant, the cable provides data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps.
- Delivers 5 V and up to 900 mA of power — Delivers up to 4.5 W of bus power for USB peripheral device powering.
- Flexible, ultra-thin 0.24” (6 mm) diameter cable — Narrow bend radius facilitates easier installation and reduces possibility of cable damage.
- Plenum, NEC CMP‑rated cable — Cable can run through open air spaces, eliminating the need for a conduit in most jurisdictions. The cable is rated for in‑wall and ceiling installations.
- Highly resistant to EMI/RFI interference — USBA Pro Plenum Series can be used in high-interference environments such as data centers, operating rooms, or manufacturing facilities.
- Backwards compatible with previous USB standards
- Host power status LED indicator — A blue LED on the female USB‑A connector provides visual status notification of host power presence.
- Optional external power for USB charging — The female USB‑A connector comes equipped with an attached pigtail for connection to an external power supply. Auxiliary power is recommended for peripherals requiring more than 450 mA current.
- Gold-plated contacts — Contacts will not tarnish, maintaining a long-lasting, reliable electrical connection.
- Available in lengths from 15 feet to 65 feet (4.5 meters to 19.8 meters)
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and updates