Six Input HDMI Switcher
The Extron SW HD 4K Series are two, four, six, and eight‑input switchers for HDMI signals. They are designed for video signal switching between multiple HDMI source devices to a single display. The switchers support video signals at resolutions up to 4K, as well as data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, 3D, Lip Sync, and HD lossless audio formats. All models feature EDID Minder®, which maintains continuous EDID communication with connected devices and ensures that the HDMI sources power up properly and maintain correct video output. The switchers provide automatic input cable equalization up to 50 feet (15 meters) on Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. The SW HD 4K Series offers front panel, RS‑232, IR, contact closure, and auto-input switching control options for integration into various environments.
To enhance and simplify integration, the SW HD 4K Series provides integrator-friendly features, including automatic input cable equalization, automatic color bit depth management, indicators for monitoring and troubleshooting, as well as peripheral device power on the output. Automatic input cable equalization corrects for signal loss due to lengthy input cables, ensuring signal integrity up to 50 feet (15 meters), when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. The SW HD 4K Series automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display. Front panel LED indicators provide immediate visual confirmation of HDCP authentication and signal presence for each input and output. If HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑compliant display, a full‑screen green signal provides immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display. The SW HD 4K Series also provides +5 VDC, 250 mA on the HDMI output for powering peripheral devices such as an Extron HD 4K 101 Plus cable equalizer.
The SW HD 4K Series two and four‑input models are housed in 1U, half rack width enclosures that are suitable for mounting in a rack or under a table. The six and eight‑input models are housed in a 1U, full rack width enclosures and come standard with brackets for mounting in a rack.
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12‑bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats.
- Ethernet monitoring and control
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices
- Automatic input cable equalization to 25 feet (7.6 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable
- Compatible with TeamWork® Show Me® Cables
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Extron Everlast™ Power Supply — SW HD 4K Series two and four input models include an energy efficient external universal power supply, replacement part #70-1174-01. Six and eight input models come equipped with a 100 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, internal universal power supply.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and Updates