H.264 Streaming Media Decoder
The SMD 101 is a compact, high performance H.264 decoder used with Extron encoders to provide complete end-to-end AV streaming systems. It decodes live streams from H.264 encoders and plays back AV media files available from network shares. It is compatible with streaming resolutions and refresh rates up to 1080p/60. Advanced signal processing, scaling, and aspect ratio management supply high quality signals to AV displays. The SMD 101 offers integration-friendly control features such as IR remote, wired IR, RS‑232, or Ethernet and an easy-to-navigate Web interface, which provide flexible control and management options. This compact, energy-efficient decoder is an ideal for use in overflow, monitoring, multi-channel streaming systems, high resolution signage, and messaging applications.
- Supports live IP video stream decoding
- Supports streaming resolutions from 480x320 up to 1080p/60
- New Encryption capabilities
- AV media file playback from network shares
- Compatible with MP4 and MPEG-2 Transport Stream container formats
- Selectable audio output format: HDMI-embedded stereo audio or analog stereo audio
- Compact and energy efficient — Efficient, low power use generates very little heat, making it easy to optimize rack space and maintain lower operating costs.
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70-1174-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high-demonstrated reliability and low power consumption.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty.
- Register online for Extron Electronics Training and Updates