HD Pro Plenum Series
The Extron HD Pro Plenum Series of active, hybrid optical-copper cables provide high-speed transmission of HDMI digital video and audio signals. These cables conform to Premium High Speed HDMI Cable performance standards and support data rates up to 18 Gbps, video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4, HDR, EDID, HDCP, and CEC. All HDMI audio formats are supported, including PCM 8-channel, Dolby© Digital, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio. Ultra-thin 0.16" (4 mm) diameter, narrow bend radius cable construction provides ease of installation in tight spaces, including plenum air spaces, without compromising performance. The active cables are unidirectional and draw ultra-low power from the connected HDMI source device. The HD Pro Plenum Series cables are available in lengths from 25 feet to 300 feet (7.6 meters to 91.4 meters).
The HD Pro Plenum Series offers the benefits of fiber optics with the simplicity of traditional copper cables. Offering the best combination of price and performance, this cabling solution is ideal for sending high data rate HDMI signals over long cable runs while maintaining full signal integrity and providing reliable operation to support mission-critical applications. The HD Pro Plenum Series uses glass multimode optical fiber to transmit full 4K/60, HDR, and multi-channel audio high-speed signals. Built-in active circuitry converts the incoming electrical signal into an optical signal on one end, and back into an electrical signal on the other end. This circuitry requires ultra-low power, which is powered by the connected HDMI source device. All other non-bandwidth intensive or low-speed signals are carried on the integrated copper wires, including EDID, HDCP, CEC, and 5 V power.
All HD Pro Plenum Series cables are unidirectional. For easy identification and cable orientation, a blue-colored ring encircles the source connector neck and connector ends are molded with descriptive text to indicate source and sink directionality.
- Conforms to Premium High Speed HDMI Cable performance standards
- Supports data rates up to 18 Gbps, video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4, and HDR
- Support for HDR - High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- PCM 8-channel, Dolby© Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio support
- Supports EDID, HDCP, and CEC
- 4K/60 verified
- Flexible, ultra-thin 0.16” (4 mm) diameter cable — Narrow bend radius facilitates easier installation and reduces possibility of cable damage.
- Plenum, NEC CMP‑rated cable — Cable can run through open air spaces, eliminating the need for a conduit in most jurisdictions. The cable is rated for in wall and ceiling installations.
- No external power is needed — Built-in active circuitry is powered by the connected source device.
- Highly resistant to EMI/RFI interference — HD Pro Plenum Series can be used in high interference environments such as data centers or manufacturing facilities.
- Gold-plated contacts — Contacts will not tarnish, maintaining a long-lasting, reliable electrical connection.
- Color-coded and labeled ends — Blue-colored collar ring around the neck of the source connector and molded text provide visual identification for cable orientation.
- Available in lengths from 25 feet to 300 feet (7.6 meters to 91.4 meters)
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and updates