Extron FOX II T DP 4K SM (Single Mode)
Fiber Optic Transmitter for DisplayPort, Multi-Channel Audio, RS-232, and IR
Part number: 60-1462-12
- FOX II T DP 4K SM Transmits DisplayPort video, multi-channel audio, RS‑232 control, and IR control signals over fiber optic cabling
- Inputs: Female DisplayPort connector with buffered input loop‑through, unbalanced stereo audio on 3.5 mm stereo mini jack and balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on captive screw connector
- Outputs: Balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on captive screw connector
- Supports lossless 4K video up to 4096x2160 at 30 Hz with a 4:4:4 color space over one fiber — A single transmitter and receiver set supports a 4K/30 video with 4:4:4 color space over one fiber.
- HDCP compliant
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows the FOX II T DP 4K to appear HDCP compliant or non‑HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non‑HDCP mode.
- Type 2 dual‑mode DisplayPort for interoperability with HDMI, DVI, or VGA devices — The FOX II T DP 4K loop‑through provides dual mode support to allow for connection of HDMI, DVI, or VGA displays when an appropriate adapter is detected, including support for 4K HDMI devices.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source to multiple displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- Buffered DisplayPort input loop‑through — A buffered DisplayPort input loop‑through provides an output signal to drive a local monitor.
- Audio embedding — Analog stereo audio signals are converted to digital DisplayPort audio.
- Audio gain and attenuation adjustment capability
- Analog audio return channel — The FOX II T DP 4K provides balanced return analog stereo audio output to support a remote audio source at the receiver.
- Bidirectional RS‑232 and IR signal transmission over fiber optic cabling for AV device control — Bidirectional RS‑232 and IR control pass‑through enables a remote display to be controlled without the need for additional cabling. Two fibers are required for bidirectional communications.
- Available as an 850 nm multimode model for moderate‑range transmissions up to 2 km (1.25 miles) and a 1310 nm singlemode model for extreme distances up to 30 km (18.75 miles)
- Industry standard LC connectors provide reliable physical connectivity and precise fiber core alignment
- Alarm notification for fiber link loss — The transmitter can be set up to trigger an external control system for immediate notification if a fiber link is lost.
- RS‑232 control — Features an RS‑232 serial port for control and configuration.
- Real‑time status LED indicators for troubleshooting and monitoring — Front and rear panel LEDs verify signal presence, HDCP authentication, fiber link status, and power.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Internal color bars test pattern for calibration and setup
- Compatible with Extron FOX Series matrix switchers to create HDCP‑compliant signal distribution systems up to 1000x1000 and larger
- Compatible with the Extron FOX II R DP 4K receiver
- Compatible with Extron FOX II Series audio and control products
- Front panel USB configuration port
- JITC Certified — Successfully completed interoperability and information assurance testing for use in government applications and other mission-critical environments.
- 1U high, half rack width metal enclosure
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and updates