DSC DP-HD A
DisplayPort to HDMI Scaler with Audio De-Embedding
Part Number: 60-1454-01
This products has been retired. Suggested Replacement IN 1804 Series
- DisplayPort to HDMI video scaling — The DSC DP‑HD A provides high quality conversion of signal format and video resolution with audio de‑embedding, optimizing DisplayPort video for compatibility with HDMI-equipped displays and other destination devices.
- Input: One DisplayPort with buffered input loop‑through
- Outputs: One HDMI, balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on 5‑pole captive screw
- Accepts DisplayPort signals up to 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz with reduced blanking — The DSC DP‑HD A accepts DisplayPort input signals at a wide variety of resolutions, including 3840x2160 at 30 Hz with reduced blanking.
- Buffered DisplayPort input loop‑through enables local monitoring at original signal resolution — A buffered DisplayPort input loop‑through provides an output signal to drive a local monitor.
- Advanced scaling engine with 30‑bit precision processing and motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i — Image scaling and video format conversion are performed at 30‑bit precision for enhanced color accuracy and picture detail. Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- DisplayPort audio de‑embedding — Embedded DisplayPort two‑channel PCM audio can be extracted to the analog output, or multi-channel bitstream formats can be passed to the HDMI output.
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K — Available output rates include computer and video up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
- HDCP compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows the unit to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- Supports DisplayPort data rates up to 10.8 Gbps
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation — Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for the digital video input and output.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display, a full‑screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- AFL™ - Accu‑RATE Frame Lock — A patented technology exclusive to Extron that locks the output frame rate to the input to eliminate stuttering caused by frame rate conversion.
- Front panel LED indicators for signal format, presence, and power — Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- Image freeze control — A live image can be frozen using RS‑232 serial control or USB.
- Auto Input Memory — When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- On‑screen menus — Intuitive on‑screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit's other functions and settings.
- Output Standby Mode — The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Power Save Mode — The unit can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image quality for NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical positioning, overscan, and sizing
- User presets — Memory presets are available for each input to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup — The unit offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Output volume control — Provides master volume control for the analog line level output.
- Integrated audio delay — The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Selectable audio muting — Incoming embedded DisplayPort audio can be muted. The audio can also be muted for the analog audio and HDMI outputs, as well as the DisplayPort input loop-through.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through USB or RS‑232 control.
- RS‑232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- 1U, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing bracket
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and updates