DP Pro Plenum Series
DisplayPort 8K Optical Cables – Plenum
The Extron DP Pro Plenum Series of active, hybrid optical-copper cables provide the ultra high-speed transmission of DisplayPort 1.4 signals. These cables support video resolutions up to 8K/30 @ 4:4:4, HDR, EDID, HDCP, CEC, and 32 channels of audio. Ultra-thin 0.18" (4.7 mm) diameter, narrow bend radius cable construction provides ease of installation in tight spaces, including plenum air spaces, without compromising performance. The active cables are unidirectional and draw ultra-low power from the connected DisplayPort devices. DP Pro Plenum Series cables are available in lengths from 25 feet to 150 feet (7.6 meters to 45.7 meters).
The DP Pro Plenum Series offers the benefits of fiber optics with the simplicity of traditional copper cables. Providing the best combination of price and performance, this cabling solution is ideal for sending high data rate DisplayPort signals over long cable runs while maintaining full signal integrity and providing reliable operation to support mission-critical applications.
DP Pro Plenum cables use glass, multimode optical fiber to transmit 8K/30 and multi-channel audio signals. Built‑in active circuitry converts the incoming electrical signal into an optical signal on one end, and back into an electrical signal on the opposite end. This circuitry requires ultra-low power and is powered by either the connected DisplayPort source or DisplayPort display. All other non-bandwidth intensive or low-speed signals are carried on the integrated copper wires, including EDID, HDCP, CEC, and 3.3 V power.
All DP Pro Plenum Series cables are unidirectional. For easy identification and cable orientation, a blue-colored ring encircles the source connector neck and connector ends are molded with descriptive text to indicate source and sink directionality.
- Conforms to DisplayPort 1.4 standards
- Supports data rates up to 32.4 Gbps and video resolutions up to 8K/30 @ 4:4:4
- Support for HDR - High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- Supports EDID, HDCP, and CEC
- 8K/30 verified
- Flexible, ultra‑thin 0.18” (4.7 mm) diameter cable — Narrow bend radius facilitates easier installation and reduces possibility of cable damage.
- Plenum, NEC CMP‑rated cable — Cable can run through open air spaces, eliminating the need for a conduit in most jurisdictions. The cable is rated for in‑wall and ceiling installations.
- No external power is needed — Built‑in active circuitry is powered by either end, eliminating the cost of an external power supply.
- Highly resistant to EMI/RFI interference — DP Pro Plenum Series can be used in high interference environments, such as data centers or manufacturing facilities.
- Gold-plated contacts — Contacts will not tarnish, maintaining a long-lasting, reliable electrical connection.
- Color-coded and labeled ends — Blue-colored collar ring around the neck of the source connector and molded text provide visual identification for cable orientation.
- Available in lengths from 25 feet to 150 feet (7.6 meters to 45.7 meters)
- Register with Extron Electronics for updates and Extron Training