Six Input HDMI Switcher
The Extron SW HD 4K Series are two, four, six, and eight‑input switchers for HDMI signals. They are designed for video signal switching between multiple HDMI source devices to a single display. The switchers support video signals at resolutions up to 4K, as well as data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, 3D, Lip Sync, and HD lossless audio formats. All models feature EDID Minder®, which maintains continuous EDID communication with connected devices and ensures that the HDMI sources power up properly and maintain correct video output. The switchers provide automatic input cable equalization up to 50 feet (15 meters) on Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. The SW HD 4K Series offers front panel, RS‑232, IR, contact closure, and auto-input switching control options for integration into various environments.
To enhance and simplify integration, the SW HD 4K Series provides integrator-friendly features, including automatic input cable equalization, automatic color bit depth management, indicators for monitoring and troubleshooting, as well as peripheral device power on the output. Automatic input cable equalization corrects for signal loss due to lengthy input cables, ensuring signal integrity up to 50 feet (15 meters), when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. The SW HD 4K Series automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display. Front panel LED indicators provide immediate visual confirmation of HDCP authentication and signal presence for each input and output. If HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑compliant display, a full‑screen green signal provides immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display. The SW HD 4K Series also provides +5 VDC, 250 mA on the HDMI output for powering peripheral devices such as an Extron HD 4K 101 Plus cable equalizer.
The SW HD 4K Series two and four‑input models are housed in 1U, half rack width enclosures that are suitable for mounting in a rack or under a table. The six and eight‑input models are housed in a 1U, full rack width enclosures and come standard with brackets for mounting in a rack.
- Switches HDMI video and embedded multi‑channel digital audio
- Inputs: Two, four, six, or eight female HDMI type‑A connectors
- Output: 1 female HDMI type‑A connector
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K — Resolutions up to 4096x2160/30 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling at 8 bits of color.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12‑bit, 3D, Lip Sync, and HD lossless audio formats
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Automatic input cable equalization to 50 feet (15 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable — Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long HDMI cables, low quality HDMI cables, and source devices with poor HDMI signal output.
- HDCP compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP‑encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display, a full‑screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence LED indicators
- Automatic color bit depth management — The switcher automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically reformats HDMI source signals for output to a connected DVI display.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the output for external peripheral devices
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the switcher from the front panel.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Multiple control options including front panel, RS‑232, IR, contact closure, and auto‑input switching
- Auto-input switching — Automatically switches to the highest-numbered input with an active video signal.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output — Allows for remote selection of an input channel. +5 VDC is provided to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input.
- Compatible with TeamWork® Show Me® Cables — Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Rack‑mountable, 1U metal enclosure — SW HD 4K Series two and four‑input models feature a half rack width enclosure. Six and eight‑input models feature a full rack width enclosure.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Extron Everlast™ Power Supply — SW HD 4K Series two and four input models include an energy efficient external universal power supply, replacement part #70-1174-01. Six and eight input models come equipped with a 100 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, internal universal power supply.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty
- Register with Extron Electronics for Extron Training and Updates